2014 AIA Best Performed Managed Investment Products Report
The AIA would like to thank members of the Brisbane Investment Management Group for producing this report for the benefit of AIA Members. The AIA relies on volunteers to achieve its mission of “Investors Helping Investors”.
Members of the group who participated in the researching, writing and reviewing of the report were: Michael Noakes, Lis Drew, Mike Tidbold, Greg Hunter, John Staples and Ashley Voigt.
Special thanks are given to Project Manager Bob Hartley, who collated the returns data and Graeme Bottrill who uploaded the report to the AIA Website.
Bill Shirley, President
Preface to 2014 Issue
For the eighth consecutive year, Members of the AIA Brisbane Investment Management Group (BIMG) have compiled a summary of investment returns and other data for the top performing Managed Investment Products.
Changes have been made to the scope of the report for the 2014 issue as follows:
• Inclusion of an explanation of the mFund Settlement Service for buying/selling Managed Funds
• Revision and expansion of the sections dealing with Listed Investment Companies (LICs)
• Revision to the selection criteria for LICs
• Discontinuation of reporting on Multi-Sector Managed Funds
• Discontinuation of the Watch List
• Discontinuation of the dashboard presentation of fund performance on the AIA website
As in previous years performance and other key statistics are presented in tables.
Benefits for AIA Members
Key benefits for AIA Members are that this report:
• Provides a reference point for the performance of Managed Investment Products compared to an individually managed portfolio of selected direct equities • Identifies products from the top quartile of Managed Investment Products providing analysis and evaluation of them.
• Provides a reference point for the performance of Managed Investment Products compared to an individually managed portfolio of selected direct equities
• Identifies products from the top quartile of Managed Investment Products providing analysis and evaluation of them.
• Provides summary information about Managed Investment Products prepared by an independent source that is not associated with any promoter
This year, we have not considered offering printed copies for sale. If sufficient members request printed copies, we will certainly provide them. Please call the office.