Important Covid-19 Updates and our Covid Safe Event Plan
EVENT DELIVERY AND CONTINGENCIES
The live (in-person) event is going ahead at the Hilton Sydney on Thursday 22 April 2021
Currently, indoor business events may operate with a COVID Safe Plan.
Capacity limits are set to accommodate 1 person per 2m2 as per the current NSW Government Event Activity Covid Restrictions
If for any reason these indoor capacity limits are REDUCED to 1 person per 4m2, Event Organisers will work with the venue on alternative arrangements. In this case some ticket holders may be provided with an option to revert their physical pass to a virtual one.
In the event that the Greater Sydney area is required to go into a hard lockdown the event will be POSTPONED entirely (both the in person and live stream event). All delegates, sponsors, vendors and staff will be notified of the new date at the time of postponement.
This is because the team required to deliver the live stream would not be considered "essential" workers and the venue would remain closed.
For information on the Summit's ticketing policy in regards to Covid19 event activity restrictions tightening click here.
COVID SAFE EVENT PLAN
The current Hilton Sydney Safe Event Guidelines can be found on this page.
AIA are also putting the following measures in place:
- AIA will provide hand sanitiser stations at multiple kiosks within the MAIN room and PRE FUNCTION spaces where networking and catering breaks will be taking place (you will also find many other locations around the venue).
- Whilst (currently) not mandatory for indoor events, we continue to encourage mask wearing in any and all situations where you feel you cannot physically distance from others.
- Theatre style seating will be spaced to ensure 2sqm per person as per the current NSW Government Covid rulings.
- It is up to attendees to maintain physical distancing at other times.
- DO NOT ATTEND IF YOU ARE SICK. If you know in advance you will not attend due to illness you may transfer your ticket to another person. *Otherwise, please see notes below on partial refund options.
- Maintain physical distancing.
- Please wash your hands frequently with soap and water, and use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Although it is not a requirement, please wear a mask if you feel it is appropriate for you.
- Once you have chosen a seat inside the plenary (min presentation space), we encourage you to keep that seat for the duration (rooms will be sanitised during breaks).
- Please be seated during sessions and do not stand around the walls at the back of the room.
- Please do not co-mingle with attendees from other events at the venue.
- Follow Hilton Sydney directions and instructions during the event.
- Please follow guidelines published by New South Wales Health
ALL AIA in person Summit attendees MUST be formally registered to be allowed entry to the venue and must have provided your full name, email and contact telephone number. We are required to provide the attendee lists at the end of the Summit.
All delegates badges will have a unique QR code printed on them to ensure we can keep track of your arrival and departure at the venue and your movements throughout the event space.
If you wish to discuss any of the information provided above please email the AIA Events Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Hilton | A Covid Safe Event Venue
Summit 2021 host venue, Sydney Hilton, has developed EventReady with CleanStay, a global meetings and events program designed to create event experiences that are clean, flexible, safe and socially responsible. EventReady will provide curated solutions with creative food and beverage, thoughtful technology resources, elevated standards and practices with redesigned spaces for physical distancing, and reimagined ways to meet and gather. The goal is to create a safe and comfortable environment for event planners and their attendees.
- Hilton CleanStay Standards provide elevated cleanliness and sanitation across the entire attendee journey.
- A cleaning protocol checklist is completed to verify an event space is sanitized and disinfected thirty minutes prior to event start.
- Hilton CleanStay Event Room Seal is applied once the room is properly cleaned, set and EventReady.
- Sanitizing Stations will have prominence in primary entryways as well as key high traffic areas including inside and outside event space(s), meal and beverage service areas, public restrooms and congregating areas.
- Vendor compliance to all standards and floor plans submitted to hotel for approval in advance of event.
- Completed EventReady Room Checklist provided to planners.
- Respecting physical distancing with creative and customised event sets and meal services.
- Meals, services and operational procedures adhering to physical distancing regional regulations, amplified hygiene & sanitation requirements, additional space to accommodate attendee flow